Available Position: Analyst
SLS Capital Advisors (SLS Capital) is seeking to hire talented professionals to support recent growth in transaction services. SLS Capital, along with its sister company, The Gaffin Group, provides M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory services to entrepreneurs and middle-market companies across a wide variety of industry sectors.
Analysts at SLS Capital Advisors play a key role as the primary day-to-day leaders for analytical support, including financial statement analysis and model development; valuation analysis; industry research; and the preparation of various presentations and documents including descriptive memoranda, management presentations, new business and other. Analysts interact regularly with other bankers and clients, prospective buyers/capital sources, attorneys and accountants. Experienced Analysts may grow to play more of an Associate role in helping manage transactions and interface directly in presentation, negotiation, capital-raising and closing. They play a central role in coordinating the activities of all team members.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with SLS Principals on M&A, strategic corporate finance, and capital raising transactions to provide direct support of day-to-day transaction execution
- Perform industry, market, and competitor research and analysis in support of prospects and active client engagements
- Organize, review and analyze due diligence processes and materials
- Identify and research potential buyers or investors for client engagements
- Perform complex financial modeling and valuation analysis to effectively model the client’s business and future growth opportunities, including comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis, leveraged buy-out analysis and discounted cash flow analysis, etc.
- Support the preparation of high-quality engagement materials describing the client’s business, future growth prospects, and possible synergies with potential buyers or investors, including management presentations, marketing materials, pitchbooks, and information memoranda.
- Assist in the preparation of client proposals and presentations and contribute to the firm’s ongoing business development efforts
- Develop knowledge of relevant information resources: Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Thomson Financial, Pitchbook
- Obtain and maintain required licensing.
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism at all times, including Collaboration, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Leadership.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Ideal candidates for the Analyst position will possess the following skills, qualities and experience:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business (Accounting, Finance, Business Admin, Economics, etc.)
- SIE, Series 63 and 79 licenses (or ability to obtain within twelve months of employment)
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, including financial modeling and financial statement analysis
- Highly developed research and written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills; ability to be creative, insightful and resourceful in performance of duties
- High-level of attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables in an organized, efficient, and timely manner
- Ambitious and motivated to become an industry expert
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as part of a small team
- Self-starter eager to work in an entrepreneurial, demanding and fast paced environment with the opportunity to play an integral role in SLS Capital’s growth
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
Strong consideration will be given to candidates who possess:
- Previous work experience or internships in investment banking, corporate finance, transaction advisory services / transaction diligence services, or business valuation
- 1 – 3 years of experience in investment and/or commercial banking, leading accounting or consulting
ABOUT SLS CAPITAL ADVISORS:
SLS Capital Advisors, LLC is a boutique financial advisory firm headquartered in the northern suburbs of Chicago. Our singular focus is on the unique challenges and opportunities facing middle market firms. From the deep industry, financial, and consulting backgrounds of our firm’s partners and affiliates, we employ both breadth and depth of experience to drive insights and results for firms seeking strategic options for growth, and for those evaluating corporate transitions.
Investment banking services offered by SLS Capital Advisors, LLC, a registered representative of Tobin and Company Securities, LLC
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.